Brainstorming is an important process students need to learn to do when innovating, creating, and problem-solving with technology. Brainstorming helps students come up with ideas, organizes ideas, and provides a roadmap for projects. We need to expose students to various types of brainstorming techniques, such as concept mapping, storyboarding, sketchnoting, sketch outlines, audio recording thoughts, etc., so they discover which techniques work best for them. In my new book, Hacking Digital Learning Strategies: 10 Ways to Launch EdTech Missions, I have provided several templates, handouts and activities to motivate students to brainstorm in different ways for each digital mission. Below are a few storyboarding and brainstorming resources.
Get your copy of Hacking Digital Learning, The 30 Goals Challenge, or Learning to Go. Ask me about training your teachers, ShellyTerrell@gmail.com!
- Feel free to download and adapt this storyboard template for video productions.
- ACMI Generator and Storyboard That are great tools for creating digital storyboards.
- Creat.ly provides various templates and types of graphic organizers for different kinds of projects.
- Lucid Chart is a fantastic tool for web and mobile graphic organizers!
- Teachnology has many kid friendly graphic organizers.
- Bounce by Idea Paint (iOS/Android) is an app, which converts written brainstorming into a digital concept.
- Popplet is a collaborative online tool and free app on the iPad to get students creating digital mind maps with links, videos, and images.
- Idea Sketch IOS/Android Mindmapping App– Draw a diagram, mind map, concept map, or flow chart and convert it to a text outline and vice versa. Print with a PDF or download to Dropbox.
- Mindmeister is a free iOS, Android, extension, add-on, and web app for mindmapping with nodes, text, and images.
- IBrainstorm is an iOS app with the ability to create sticky notes as well as free form drawing.
- Sketchnote with Paper 53, Adobe Illustrate, or the Bamboo Paper app for Android.
Challenge– Start your digital projects with brainstorming.